Thursday, April 14, 2011

Love is a Strange Thing.


L is for Love. Love is a strange thing especially where Lwaxana Troi is concerned. Captain Picard took drastic action to win back Deanna's mother who was being held prisoner on Daimon Tog's ship. I wonder how many times has Lwaxana Troi pestered the crew aboard the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D and Captain Jean Luc Picard in particular? You can tell Patrick Stewart is totally enjoying himself when he announces his feverish love through Shakespearean poetry in an attempt to win back Mrs Trois affections. The Ferengi Daimon Tog gets the message. ....Give her back or else...  Enjoy.

 "My love is a fever, longing still for that which longer nurseth the disease, in faith I do not love thee with mine eyes for they in thee a thousand errors see; but 'tis my heart, that loves what they despise, who in despite of view, are pleased to dote. Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?"

- Picard, quoting Shakespeare's sonnets while attempting to rescue Lwaxana Troi from DaiMon Tog.

Live Long and Prosper.

4 comments:

TheyCallMeVarmit said...

This, I remember. Funny, but it always made me feel the opposite of enamored.
Good post!

Spacerguy said...

Thanks April. The Ferengi have that effect on the best of us. Captain Picard sure gets more than he bargained for when a grateful Mrs Troi sits on his lap and tells him flat out... Thankyou Jean Luc you were most convincing. You certainly convinced me! LOL

Sylvia Ney said...

Is it sad I recognized this episode with only the top 1/3 of the picture downloaded? Maybe I shouldn't have told you ;-) I'm so glad I've found your blog. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

Spacerguy said...

No its not sad! It just means you haven't lost your Trekker(ie) edge. Thanks for joining my Cosmic Trekker Army, Sylvia!

Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...