Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Report to the Transporter Room!

I've been tag teamed by L.G. Keltner over at Warped Nerdversity. Shes got a fascinating blog revealing the universes infinite possibilities lurking everywhere around us, so beam over and have a look! L.G's mission tag didn't come with any fancy visuals but instead Warped Nerdiversity logic requires I complete several steps. So read on because here come the mission tag rules.

1. Each person must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
3. Cre­ate 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post.



Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her. No tag backs, and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.

Why 11? I can't say but its obviously important but I've tried to keep it short and sweet.

11 things about me.

1. Star Trek Communicators are fun! How are you going to prove your Trekkie credentials? Easy. Get a trek communicator, Scotty two to beam up!

2. I love Science Fiction.

3. I love rooting about bookstores and digging out science fiction books,
Isaac Asimov's Robot City is awesome!

4. I've been a Star Trek fan for ages and remember watching the original series when I was little.

5. In the ol' days I recorded Star Trek TOS and TNG straight off the TV set! Somebody always had to be there to make it so! Thats 257 episodes on nearly 80 VHS tapes which over time got replaced by DVDS.

6. Do you ever find yourself with hairs standing up on the neck, sweating hands or maybe your hearts racing? The words Engage or Make It So pop out your mouth 'cos well....I guess there is a reason, right?

7. I've built an odd starship or two, namely the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-A. The first one fell off the shelf and was destroyed! I was gutted so I built another one.

8. I love the original version of the Firm's song "Star Trekking across the Universe. Its fun to sing.

9. The Original Series costumes were made by the actors mothers! I didn't believe that did you? but Brent Spiner said they were!

10. The release of emotions is what keeps trek fans healthy, so that makes me a healthy emotional trekkie, hehe.

11. Conventions, Dvds for TOS, TNG and Voyager, Star Trek novels, Scottys laws of physics, tons of books and novels, and The Star Trek Fact Files are deadly fun.

11 Questions and Answers.

1. Are you a morning person or a night person? Nightowls often skip breakfast and are always rushing to get to work in the morning. I like to reflect after my food so I suspect I'm a morning person.

2. Which famous figure from history would you meet if you could, and why? Albert Einstein. Wouldn't it be cool to have a chat with Einstein about timetravel?

3. If you had a time machine, would you visit a specific time in history, or would you go into the future? I'd try to catch up with Talie Tappler from the 50th century and ask her how she can be so heartless!

4. Do you like your name? Why? I'm your friendly trekkie from outerspace! You can call me Spacerguy so I guess the answer is yes.

5. What is your favorite kind of music? Does your music listening depend on your mood? Mozart. No.

6. Do you prefer a good book or a good movie? Why? Thats tough, I prefer both.

7. What is your belief system? How does this influence your outlook on life? How does it get you through your day? People with positive energy are determined to do their best, and to see the best in the world around them. The Law of Attraction states that like attracts like, which means that positive energy will attract more positive energy and will eventually help you realise your dreams.

8. What kind of humor do you prefer: physical comedy, stand-up, satire, etc? Which comedian or comedy show best illustrates this preference? George Burns combined cigar smoke and arched eyebrow standup which became his trademarks for over 75 years. Data wasn't bad either.

9. What cause do you feel passionately about? Trees Why? Trees are the lungs of planet earth and they're falling in large numbers every day.

10. What is your favorite quote? It can be from a famous person in history, a book, a movie, or it can even be from someone you know. Why is it your favorite? If you have zest and enthusiasm you attract zest and enthusiasm. Life does give back in kind. I believe this speaks for itself so Make It So!

11. What is your favorite color? What does this color remind you of, and how does it make you feel? Green. Green Acres is the place to be. Peaceful.



Its now time to play tag, Engage!

1. What was the name of Star Trek's first pilot episode?
2. Who was originally cast as captain of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701.
3. What is Uhura called by Spock in Star Trek 2009?
4. Who created the Star Trek franchise?
4. What did NBC Executives want Gene Roddenberry to do with the guy with the satanic ears?
5. How many episodes are there in Star Trek The Original Series?
6. Who said she cannae take much more of this!! She'll blow up!!
7. What is Dr Leonard H. McCoy's nickname?
8. When the transporter scrambles your atoms and beams them through black empty space to the planet surface or another ship, do you think it tickles?
9. What is the name of your favorite science fiction show?
10. Do you believe aliens are living on the moon?
11. Who's the next big bad wolf in J.J. Abrams Star Trek Sequel 2013 going to be?

Your name is here because you deserve a prize for getting this far, lol. The good news is Star Trek Sci Fi Blog will host a Star Trek competition when our little community grows to 300. At least that gives me some time to fly in the some trek goodies, hehe. So if you wanna win stay tuned.

11 lucky fans who been ordered to the transporter room.




1. The Painted Thumb
2. 2000AH
3. Vulcanology
4. Klahanie
5. Super Earthling
6. Retro Zombie
7. Dave Wrote This
8. Sue
9. Mooderino
10. Stephen Tremp
11. Film Sketchr

10 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Congrats Spacerguy! You got me with Spiner. LOL

[Retro-Zombie] said...

i am here at the transporter... do i use a key to turn it on. hehe!

Spacerguy said...

Spiners good at telling these yarns maurice, he does a classic Picard impersonation too.

Totally Jeremy. You'll find the transporter key beside the retro toys.

[Retro-Zombie] said...

i just went to the local comic book store where they have a collection of toys.. they had the galoob's 1988 star trek next gen figures... for like four bucks each. i almost got a few, but i had no money... but the original [more recent] classic set of the bridge that includes figures... was worth half, i think it is time to play with my set. warp speed mr. sulu... you play the theme in your head, like i am.

damn you economy!

Spacerguy said...

I love these retro toys especially the ships! I've warped around the galaxy with them too, hehe. Its really tough cheese missing the Galoob bargains, Jeremy. These retro toys are sooo cool 'cos well when TNG got huge we were big kids, so the toys took off ahead warp fact 9, hehe.

I suppose the nerd in me loved building and painting AMT's model ships too, (the ones with really cool sound effects and flashing lights) but you couldn't really play with those. My Enterprise is on the shelf crying out for me. It was more fun being the engineer and putting her together. I thought all the instructions and wiring would melt my head but instead I got off building USS Enterprise NCC 1701 and it taught me something. Perservere to the end. It was really worth it. Scotty would have been proud. I felt like an accomplished Starfleet engineer, just kidding but you know what I mean.

Powdered Toast Man said...

Too much Star Trek info, my head is about to explode.

Spacerguy said...

Then you know exactly how Security Officer Mitens feels, hehe.

Dave said...

Eleven is a lotm but is me reporting for duty.

Dave
Dave Wrote This

Susan Bodendo - Super Earthling said...

Who’s the absolute most terrible, awful blogger on the planet? Me!!! :-o

My sincere apologies for taking so long to get over here, Spacerguy. Would you believe me if I told you the transporter malfunctioned and sent me to another far off galaxy and it’s taken me this long to get back? No...I didn’t think so.

I’m running so far behind on everything, including commenting on blogs, it’s ridiculous. I truly am so pleased and honored that you thought of me (because I love your blog & I love Star Trek) and hope you’ll forgive my inexcusable tardiness. (Congrats on your awards!)

Spacerguy said...

No worries Susan, pesky transporters! Do you want me to send my engineer over? hehe

Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...