Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Star Trek Heroes

Science Fiction has lots of villains, right? "Fire when ready, Mr Chekov. Lay in a pattern, fire, fire, fire!" is the Kirk attitude! When a ship gets blown to blue blazes or the bad guy is melted by a ray gun, hey thats what we call an epic sci-fi experience.



My reaction is nearly always, Yessss!! or the exact opposite, WHY Oh WHY! Remember when Commander Data in Star Trek's TNG movie "Nemesis", got blown to bits aboard the Romulan spaceship? Well, the actor Brent Spiner cowrote the movie, so maybe he wanted Data to die. What was you reaction? Which sci-fi characters death brought a tear to your eye, Captain Kirk's under the bridge, the Borg Queen or Commander Data's big bang?


8 comments:

DAVID WALSTON said...

I didn't realise that Brent Spiner co wrote the movie, that makes it all the more intriguing.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Didn't have any problem seeing Kirk die. I didn't know Spiner co-wrote that film.
I cried when Firefly was cancelled...

David P. King said...

I remember going "why, oh why!" At that scene in Nemesis. :)

Comley Charlotte said...

The unexpected death of Tasha Yar. Nice to meet and connect through atozchallenge. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

Stephsco said...

The death of Firefly characters in Serenity do not sit well with me. But then again, in a culture that is increasingly bringing back old franchises from the dead, gaining kickstarter funds to create movies for cancelled series, sometimes finality feels good.

Hope you are enjoying the A to Z Challenge. Here's my post for today on Memorable Characters.

Maurice Mitchell said...

I was a sad when Data died but assumed he was coming back as B-4. It's always sad when a hero dies.

Susan Kane said...

Firefly was my favorite of all. without Nathan Fillion, I also cried.

Kirk could have stayed under the bridge. I thought Picard should have stayed in his Victorian England with his family. Data should not have been blown up; I hated Nemesis anyway...

Tony Laplume said...

I don't think "co-wrote" is the right term so much as helped work on the story. But I never had a problem with it. Kind of brilliant, really.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy