Monday, February 09, 2015

Star Trek 3 Newsflash



In recent Trek news writer/director Robert Orci has stepped down from directing Star Trek 3. The movies release date is for Summer 2016 marking Star Trek's 50th anniversary, a dream created by Gene Roddenberry who lives on. Word is Bad Robots Director J.J. Abrams is producing the 3rd instalment reshuffling trek's lieutenants. Robert Orci has confirmed that his original star trek script is being scrapped citing "creative differences." This being the case, William shatner's cameo looks unlikely. Oh well.

So who have Paramount Pictures chosen to direct Star Trek 3?

Drum roll, here comes fast and furious film director Justin Lin! His films have grossed a cool $2 billion bucks worldwide! So now its official. Lin is in to complete Star trek's trilogy. The fun will really begin when Director Lin pimps out Captain Kirk's USS Enterprise NCC 1701, switching from illegal street racing and heists to warping ahead into fiery galactic battles with shields weakening!



Its interesting Claudio Miranda signed up last October as the movies Cinematographer two months before Orci got dropped. I think the plan is for these two to stand in behind the camera while Lin calls the shots.

So what can we expect? JJ Abrams previous movie instalments were fun, compelling, action packed reboots showing off what the new USS Enterprise 1701 crew could do. The reboots have a snappy sense of realistic urgency which is why they work. (I have to admit, the micro singularity which destroyed Vulcan was definitely the beginning of darkness.) The films new writers hit it off with funny man Simon Pegg aka Scotty, Doug Jung with Robert Orci hanging in.



So good things will happen to produce the most amazing script. Star Trek's new director Justin Linn must be secretly thrilled to be holding the reins.

Whos your favorite Star Trek character? How long will Paramount hold out with releasing Star Trek 3's trailer? What's the title for the next Star Trek movie going to be?

Hunch long and Prosper, Trekkies and Trekkers.


8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, we know it's going to be action packed, that's for sure.
In the latest ones, Pegg has made a great Scotty.

Jeremy Hawkins said...

my eyes are closed... warp'd.

Birgit said...

I love Star Trek but I have to admit I have not seen the latest 2 films. Scratch that-the first film I have seen parts of and could not get into it. I didn't like that Vulcan was destroyed but I think that is me personally and not the film's fault. From what I did see I liked the McCoy character. For All Star Trek I love Picard

Tony Laplume said...

Clearly it will be Star Trek: Federation Drift.

Susan Kane said...

The destruction of Vulcan made me feel hopeless, and that someone made a mistake. But it will be interesting to watch the direction taken.
Love Simon Pegg. Who played his co-worker actor-little person?

Maurice Mitchell said...

That's really surprising that Robert Orci is leaving the franchise since he's been there from the beginning, but Lin sounds like a good fit.

Arlee Bird said...

My mouth dropped and my brain stopped working at 50th anniversary. Now I'm disturbed. I remember when I watched those first shows on our snowy bad reception TV when I was in high school.
50 years of Star Trek is a pretty enduring legacy.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Spacerguy said...

Peggs got great ideas he wants to see take shape in Lin's Star Trek movie. Now its happening with Abrams blessing.

bolding going eh Jeremy?

Theres only one Picard, Birgit. Maybe the Enterprise-D could have saved Vulcan, hang on, isn't Vulcan alive and well in the 24th century? Oh now I'm confused! someone please explain it to me.

Yeah, we're gonna have more explosions war and mayhem aren't we Tony... or how about the Federation Strikes Back! Now wouldn't that be something, a Star Trek Star Wars movie!

Its the rebooted time-line Susan but I know exactly what you mean. I think Scottys furry friend Keenser played by Deep Roy would agree with us.

Theres been a lot of ups and downs left and rights in Star Treks movies. This is just the beginning, Maurice

Its been a trippy journey Arlee. Star Trek will continue to get better at everything!

Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy