Thursday, April 02, 2015

Blogman, Blogverse, Blackhole

B is for Blackhole but what is it? 

Blackholes vary is size and shape. The dictionary states gravity not even light can escape from it. In science fiction blackholes are sometimes used as handy plot devices to expand weak storylines with graphic details and meaning. I suspect the opposite can also be argued? What do you think?



In general a black hole in Sci-Fi can be weapons, navigation hazards, wormholes or gateways to other worlds. But what else does it mean?



This is my fifth (time travelling) experience through the blogverse. My primary mission objective is to seek out strange, wonderful blogs and befriend new lifeforms."To boldly go where no-one has gone before!"

 For me its exciting stepping out and exploring the unknown galactic expanse of the blogverse. You never know whats waiting for you out there second blog to the right, *grin.* I found lots of cool places bursting with imagination and clever writing and visuals. Great job bloggers!

What do you think of Spocks "Jellyfish" timeship? Isn't it cool?






Its only fitting we give BlogMan aka Arlee Bird over at Tossing it Out an awesome shout out. I'm sure many of you will appreciate Blogman kick started the A to Z challenge which has become a universal blogverse event. He really is a creative force for so many of us bloggers.

Thank you Blogman for making A to Z so!



14 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Those black holes do come in handy, don't they? Where would SciFi be without them?

Tony Laplume said...

In the comic book prequel, La Forge is the one who designed that ship.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Cheers for the Blogman!
I liked that DS9 used the wormhole for travel.

Jeremy Hawkins said...

I created the art for the "blogman", I am thrilled you are mentioning it... wormholes are a "b" itch... bad I know, I know!

Susan Kane said...

Black holes are the ultimate escape or solution in SyFy. Do you remember the horrible Disney movie (30? years ago) where there was great insanity, with a robot gun fight/draw down and Maximillian Schell (something) was the crazy scientist captain?

Birgit said...

When you ask "what else are Black holes used for?" -My mind went right into the gutter. I am unsure what else they could be used for in space but i always liked the travelling part like Voyager did to save years in getting home. I do like Spock's ship

Caryn Caldwell said...

What a fun idea for a post! I love your tongue-in-cheek explanation of what black holes are good for, too. :-D

Manzanita said...

A black hole.... uummm I wonder if the aliens living across the street from me came here by way of black hole. They are the tall grays and I've never seen their space ship.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Black Holes are a source of great mystery Spacerguy and DeGrasse Tyson says "The Black Hole" is the most unscientific movie of all time. Still fun though.

The Armchair Squid said...

I'm with you. I think in scifi, they're a narrative cop-out.

Roslyn Core said...

Very cool :)

planetpailly said...

Just so long as black holes don't turn into plot holes!

A Beer For The Shower said...

We too love exploring the vast blogosphere. I didn't hit any black holes on the way here, but I did hit a pot hole that's left my space ship rattling a little more than it usually does...

Hello! We're the Beer Boys (another great pair of B words... maybe) and we come in peace.

Jeffrey Scott said...

B is also for Borg. Sometimes I wish a black-hole would open and swallow them all in. Good riddance. Feel free to leave Anika behind though. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy