Monday, April 20, 2015

Q Continuum for iPhones

Q is for Q Continuum! Any interest in stargazing at objects in our nightsky? Well, who hasn't heard of Q in Star Trek TNG, right? No he's not popping round for munchies and beer, sorry. But get this, earther Dana Peters has developed a cool freeware app called "Planets" for iPhones and iPads, The Planets app by "Q Continuum" lets you explore a 2D and 3D view of the solar system.

I've been nerding out with it. This app is perfect for fledgling astronomers.

Perhaps your inner trekker wants to discover which planets or constellations are visible in the sky? Well then call up the Q Continuum!! The Planet app locates celestial bodies in our night skies based on your iPhones current location.

You can always turn the planetary locator off if your worried about the FBI politely knocking on your front door, hehe.

Which features do you digg in Q Continuum's app? 

Are you going to try out Planets app? 

Its free!


App long and Prosper, trekkies.



Feature Include:

• Sky 2D: locate planets with flat view of sky
• Sky 3D: planetarium style view of the sky
• Visibility: shows times when planets are visible
• Globe: rotating 3D globe of planets and moon


12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

My phone spends most of its days turned off. For this? I might have to turn the beast on.

Tony Laplume said...

To be clear, this app does or does not allow you to pester starship captains with infinite jest (and of course most excellent fancy)?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Is it better than Star Walk?

Lisa Mandina said...

That sounds like a cool app! I may have to go check it out. Thanks for sharing that!
If you have time you should stop by and check out my Q Post.

Mary Montague Sikes said...

Sounds like a wonderful app. I'm going to check it out for my iPad!

Jeffrey Scott said...

I've downloaded the app and looking forward to using it.

Spacerguy said...

Go for it Elephants Child!

"What do you want Q? State your business and get on with it!"

Dunno but Count me in Alex.

Its free fun lisa!

Have fantastic fun Mary.

It'll test your memory banks for sure, Jeffery.

Jo said...

I have a very basic phone so it would be no use to me.

Spacerguy said...

I know what you mean, Jo. for years I was the same but its high time to embrace the future,

Jo said...

No the problem in our house is that my husband is technologically challenged. We had a more up to date phone but he couldn't use it. Even now all he can do is phone home.

Stephen Tremp said...

I'm getting this app right now! I'm tired of getting lost out there.

Birgit said...

I have just a pay as you go phone and am happy with that. This sounds pretty cool but I just dig Q-he is one of my favourite characters

Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 - 2017 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy