Monday, January 04, 2016

Star Trek Beyond Teaser Facts

Today Trek is boldly venturing beyond the frontiers of its five year mission. Its different and a far cry from its predecessor. The official Star Trek Beyond trailer is an awesome one minute and 34 seconds long now beaming teasers all over the nation. The bad news is the Federations battlecruiser the USS Enterprise NCC 1701 is totalled beyond salvage - shes gone.... So now, villainous Kraal (Idris Elba) emerges from beyond the shadows on an alien world! Its payback time with Captain Kirk's crew on the run.

So I'm reserving judgement until Star Trek Beyond premières on July 22nd 2016. I have to admit, despite mixed reactions Star Trek's movie trailer has raised lots of questions.

WHOS SIDE IS JAYLAH ON?

QUESTIONS:

1. Did Kraal send the hostile "swarms" to attack the USS Enterprise NCC 1701?
2. Who put the beastie boy music on loudspeaker - Scotty or Captain Kirk?
3. No ship, No crew, how are we going to get out of this one? How many Enterprise crew survived?
4. Is Mr Spock fatally wounded?
5. Whos closing in on Dr McCoy and Spock's co-ordinates in the planets rocky region?
6. Who beamed Spock up to safety from the surface of the alien planet? and to where?
7. Does Star Trek need cute and cuddly aliens in fur and feathers to give the movie colorful meaningful mayhem like Star Wars?




8. Has Kaylah got special alien powers? "I know why you're here"
9. Why is captain Kirk propelling himself into the air on a motorbike? "What the h*ll is this?"
10.Is Kraal upset about the expansion of the United Federation of Planets? Captain -This is where the frontier pushes back!
11. Why is Uhura screaming with the grey alien watching her?
12. Why is Hikaru Sulu, pilot of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701 wearing a seatbelt?
13. Whats the verdict, Kirk or Kraal? Hero or Villain - who do you want to see push back the frontier?




Justin Lin is directing Star Trek Beyond off a screenplay by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung, produced by J.J. Abrams. Starring Chris Pine, Idris Elba, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, Deep Roy and Simon Pegg.

What did you like about Star Trek's teaser trailer? Who's your favorite Star Trek Beyond character? Why do you think Uhura is pressed against a window crying her lungs out?

Live Long and be prosperous, Trekkies, Trekkers and Movie Fans!

12 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

A 'fascinating' review of the trailer (excuse the pun). It has raised a lot of questions for Trekkies all over the world. I must admit I'm always concerned when a trailer reveals so many key plot points, because often the film isn't that good. However, I shall reserve judgement until I see it. Any Trek is better than none.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I read that Pegg said there's a lot more to the movie than what the trailer shows.
people keep breaking the poor Enterprise...

Bish Denham said...

In the midst of all the special effects, I like the humor!

Happy New Year, Spacerguy!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm looking forward to this one. The first two movies in this reboot haven't disappointed and I'm keeping the faith.

Misha Gericke said...

Looks AWESOME!

I hope you have a great year. :-)

cleemckenzie said...

I'm the only humanoid who hasn't seen this movie yet, but I will. I plan to be back from Mars before it leaves the theaters. Happy 2016 and may the force....or am I mixing my SciFi?

Jeffrey Scott said...

I never go to a movie and expect whatever I see in the trailer. Trailers can be deceptive. That's why they are also called 'teasers'. Because it's just a sampling. I'm anxious for this next Star Trek to come out. No matter what, it's always fun.

Is it just me or does that one alien look a bit like G'kar? From Babylon 5? Not exactly, but kind of reminds me somehow.

Tony Laplume said...

More importantly, why was Keenser not heavily featured???

Elephant's Child said...

Tempting. Which says it is a good trailer.

Birgit said...

Why must the Enterprise always be destroyed?

Sylvie Grayson said...

I agree with others - some Star Trek is better than no Star Trek. Haven't seen it yet to say one way or the other, but I will.
Sylvie Grayson

David P. King said...

It does look interesting, but I could use another trailer. Happy New Year! :)

Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy