Saturday, April 16, 2016

Nagilum

The USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D sensors clearly show a void in space has appeared right before the bridge crews very eyes. Further analysis reveals the "void" in empty of all matter which intrigues Captain Picard, who takes a keen personal interest in the matter. "Well, We're acquainted with the wormhole phenomena but this...."

WHAT IS THIS?

A PROBE WITH FULL SENSOR ARRAY IS LAUNCHED

WHY DID THE SECOND PROBE DISAPPEAR?


What do your sensors say? enquires the puzzled Flagship Captain."Nothing" answers Data. So Now Picard is totally baffled. "It is a void without matter or energy of any kind" answers the Android rather impassively within Commander Rikers earshot...

"Yet this hole has a form, Data. It has height, width." queries the USS Enterprise-D No1,
So now Data replies "Perhaps. Perhaps not, sir."
A bewildered Picard standing nearby is justifably annoyed. "Thats hardly a scientific observation, Commander." Quod Erat Demon stradum? right? I'm afraid not trekkers. Our artifical friend Data, is determined to continue. "Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is "I do not know."
"I do not know what that is, sir."
So now Picard decides to investigate. Its over to you trekkers, to be or not to be....

IT MOVED! THE ENTERPRISE-D IS ENVELOPED!


I'm must confess my laptop actually fell silent when FINALLY, Nagilum (THE CREATURE WITHIN THE CLOUD RUNNING THE EXPERIMENT) enveloped the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D in whole!!!!! for a while I thought I was in trouble too, lol.

Live Long and Prosper trekkers and trekkies.

How would you have reasoned with the lifeform?

8 comments:

Susan Kane said...

I don't think it was possible to reason with it. Did it have large Gollum eyes?

Birgit said...

I remember this one and he thought of them as playthings

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Logic was the only way, although he didn't respond well to that either. At least they didn't have to blow up the ship.

Spacerguy said...

I felt sorry for paschal who seemed to be the only one, interested enough, in trying to make a clean break for the stars. Oh the price of freedom!

Deborah R. Hawkins said...

I can't remember if I've seen this episode, so I have no idea how I would've interacted with it. Possibly turned around, though.

Elizabeth Los said...

After dealing with Q on my first mission, I think I'd have a hard time trusting or reasoning with anything else I came into contact with.
Visiting from A to Z
https://theconsultingwriter.wordpress.com/

Jeffrey Scott said...

That creature always creeped me out. Even the look of it was odd. I will have to re-watch that episode as I don't even remember how they resolved it.

Bill Peter said...

I love star trek very much ! It's full of imagination and fiction. The world in star trek is so mysterious and unexpected, so, that just makes me feel very excited and quite curious.(If you are a fan of star trek, maybe, you will like these stuffs: http://tshirtsky.com/star-trek.)

Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy