Monday, August 08, 2016

STAR TREK BEYOND VERDICT

Since the relaunch of Gene Roddenberrys Star Trek, 50 years later, fans are still enjoying the Kirk/Spock bromance with the younger crew rebooting the timeline. Eager audiences fill cinema seats wondering if the USS Enterprise NCC 1701 will go down with her captain for the second or is it the third time?



 In 2013 Star Trek Into Darkness was the highest earner of Star Trek's entire franchise with worldwide takings of $328 million in 18 days! But theres no point in harking on about the good ol days.




The big question now is - Do Director Justin Lin's Star Trek Beyond Box Office totals match  his predecessors success, (J.J. Abrams) from 2013? Thats right. Today Star Trek Beyond is released worldwide for 18 days!




Fans want exciting movies to drool over so why even mention "Star Wars The Force Awakens"   at ($2,068 million) directed by J.J. Abrams? So whats the deal with Star Trek Beyond at the Box Office? Any ideas? How do you rate Star Trek Beyond's movie Mojo?  (Worldwide release totals stand at $194 million?(so far) The Production Budget was $185 million).



So all will be revealed on Monday when Beyond's worldwide takings roll on out. Have you seen Star Trek Beyond yet? How do you rate the previous villain Khan against the latest one, Krall? Which actor/villain is better and more chilling as Star Trek's bad guy? (Benedict Cumberbatch or Idris Elba)



Which movie did you prefer, Star Trek 2009, Star Trek Into Darkness or Star Trek Beyond?

Live Long and Prosper.



8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Maybe it was the change in director, although Lin did a great job with the film. It was a fun film and hopefully continues to make money.

Bill Nicholls said...

I can't wait to see it and add it to my collection but I still keep seeing Jon Cho drooling over Stifler'smum

Jo said...

It will be a while before I get to see it. I tend to prefer the originals though.

Elephant's Child said...

Someday I will see it.

Spacer Guy said...

Krall says in the movie, I am counting on it. - EC, Jo and you too Bill. I'm echoing Krall's sentiments with regards to seeing the movie. You can count on it!(: Glad you enjoyed the movie Alex. Its got lots of fantastic acting and action sequences. Karl Urban as Bones stood-out so well last time he got more screen time in Star Trek Beyond.

Tony Laplume said...

It's such an interesting addition to the film series, almost like the Star Trek equivalent of The Force Awakens in that it addresses a lot of what fans have wanted to see. I guess I get why it hasn't been a big box office attraction, because we're in the thick of an era where novelty mixed with nostalgia is king, and a third entry in a reboot is not a novelty. Audiences are craving comfort mixed with the usual big bang, which is why all those Avengers movies are still hits, because they're continually reinventing themselves.

The Armchair Squid said...

It was a solid 4 out of 5 for me. With Trek, I find it difficult to get too excited about the movies. I don't feel they ever manage to capture the spirit of the shows. Trek belongs on TV. I'm a lot more excited for the upcoming series!

Conversely, I feel exactly the opposite about Star Wars. I'm enjoying The Clone Wars well enough but it's not as good as the films. Star Wars belongs on the big screen. The rest is just supplemental material.

That said, Star Trek Beyond is good, solid fun.

Birgit said...

I have not seen the film with Cumberbatch as Kahn and it would be hard for me to get Ricardo Montalban out of my head because he was brilliant in the role. I did see the last eat Star Trek and.....um.....sorry but it didn't do much for me. The acting is great and the camaraderie is stellar. The effects are great but must they ruin the ship...again! When they were on the old ship and were able to fly it it reminded me of Sleeper with Woody Allen when he found the Volkswagen and it started up right away. How did a crew of 300 or so become thousands is such a short span of time? I also snickered when, what saves the day, is loud obnoxious music. This was just wrong. I didn't take to Idris Elba at all and I really hope he does not become the next James Bond.

Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy