Monday, April 24, 2017

STAR TREK TNG - TIME SQUARED

T is for Time Squared #39 but what caused this time slip? When the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D isolates a distress call, a distinct type 15 shuttle emerges drifting in space ... (EL-BAZ)....even more startling we're stunned to learn about a puzzling lifeform aboard....it's Captain Jean-Luc Picard!!!! What a mind twister. Worf, Riker and Pulaski, stare at the shuttlecraft Picard in sheer, dumb amazement.

WORF, RIKER, PULASKI, PICARD


 RIKER: Captain?
 PICARD : Yes, Number One.
 RIKER: Are you on the Bridge?
PICARD : Where else would I be?
RIKER: Well. right now I think you should be in Shuttlebay two.
PICARD: Why? What is it?
RIKER: This I think you should see for yourself. Bring Commander Data

Dr Pulaski's analysis reveals the twin Picard is 6 hours out of phase with the USS Enterprise NCC 1701. Meanwhile, further data from Picard's shuttle logs prove EL-BAZ is from the future! In an awful twist, Geordi and Data's retrieval of the shuttles audio log makes their Captain Picard look like a complete coward.

 So what happened to the rest of the Enterprise-D crew I hear you cry! Remember the whirlpool/vortex in space? Only one Picard survived, the big question is why?

NIHILUS


Is it possible the great Captain Jean-Luc Picard abandoned his starship and crew, in the middle of a vast temporal distortion in order to save his own skin??? Nah not jean Luc, we love the captain right?

 So what happens when an energy vortex appears right below the Enterprise-D? Shuttle logs are vague at best. Geordi's visual data reveals how the destroyed Enterprise-D perished but not why. All Picard's audio logs do is incriminate the Captain because hes the only survivor! So now theres two! Which Picard gets to decide the fate of the current timeline USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D?
CHIEF ENGINEER GEORDI LA FORGE WATCHES THE USS ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-D EXPLODE

 When the Enterprise-D bursts through the center of the energy vortex, twin Picard vanishes along with the menacing time disturbance. Heres Geordi watching his ship burst into flames, himself included, Don't you think thats freaky? because Whoa I sure did!

Who discovered Captain Picard's twin was 6 hours from the future?

WAS IT:

 A) Dr Pulaski or
B)  Chief Engineer Geordi La Forge?

Live Long and Prosper, Trekkers


#AtoZChallenge


7 comments:

Liz A. said...

And these episodes are why I watch shows like TNG. The twisty sci fi stuff. I don't remember this one, but I'm sure I saw it back in the day.

Spacer Guy said...

Its a complex TNG episode in the sense the vortex is excited by Captain Picard's intelligence and there the love story ends because we know.... the enterprise blows up.... well I'm stumped.

Elephant's Child said...

You have reminded me (again) of just how much I have missed.

Susan Kane said...

Dr. Pulski discovered it, just guessing. She would see cellular or molecular changes.

I loved this episode.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I had no idea there would be a test?!!!? Yet according to you the answer is A. It has been too long since I've seen the episode for me to know if you are pulling my leg or not. Picard would never run out on his crew or his ship!
Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead


Lynda Dietz said...

You're making me want to rewatch the entire series. TNG was my favorite.

Birgit said...

I remember this episode but I'm guessing the Dr. discovered the problem. So many great episodes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Star Trek ©, Star Trek-The Next Generation ©, Star Trek-Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek-Voyager ©, Star Trek-Enterprise ©, and all associated marks and characters are registered trademarks of Paramount Pictures and or CBS Studios Inc registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek Sci Fi Blog by Spacerguy © 2006 May not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. Privacy Policy