- STAR TREK BIRTHDAYS
- BUTTONS AND AWARDS
- TREKKIE BOOKS
- MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY
- INTO DARKNESS PORTAL
- STID IMAGE GALLERY
- STAR TREK MOVIES
- TOP 50 BLOGS FOR TREKKIES
- SCOTTY'S LAWS OF PHYSICS
- STAR TREK'S 50th ANNIVERSARY
- WRITING SCIENCE FICTION
- KAIL TESCAR, WRITES RUSSELL BATES
- ABOUT ME
- TREKKIES STRIKE BACK!
- TREKKIE OR TREKKER?
- STAR TREK TECHNOBABBLE
- WHO'S YOUR SCIENCE FICTION HERO?
- STAR TREK CREATORS
- ThE BIG BIRD'S DREAM
- STAR TREK INFOGRAPHIC
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
What caused Sarek's and Spock's major disagreement?
What decision caused a rift between Spock and his father, Sarek, that lasted for 18 years?
1. In 2267 Spock's marriage ceremony was ruined owing to human weakness which severed his telepathic bond with T'Pring and granted a vulcan called Stonn the opportunity to steal his girlfriend away from him.
2. Spock joined his USS Enterprise NCC-1701 friends to communicate with V'Ger instead of accomplishing the Vulcan ritual of Kolinahr intended to purge all remaining emotions in the pursuit of pure logical reasoning.
3. In 2249 Spock chose to apply to Starfleet Academy instead of staying on his Vulcan home world to study at the Science Academy of higher learning. The Institute cast a slur on Mr Spock's half breed human heritage which insulted the green blooded Vulcan's feelings.
4. In 2363 Spock secretly traveled to Romulus on a personal mission to educate Romulans about the Romulan/Vulcan Unification. Spock's disappearance caused great consternation among Federation authorities about a defection.
5. Spock's father Sarek married at least three times. His first wife was a Vulcan princess with whom he had a son named Sybok. Next up was Spock's mother Amanda Grayson, a sweet Earthling woman whom Spock desperately tried to save from the dying planet Vulcan. He took Amanda's death badly and publicly opposed Sarek's position during the Cardassian Wars giving his father's third wife, Perrin reason to harbour resentment towards Spock. Spock left for Romulus during Sarek's Bendii Syndrome illness without even saying goodbye.
6. None of the above.
3. In 2249 Spock chose to apply to Starfleet Academy rather than remain on his Vulcan home world and study at the Science Academy of higher learning. The Institute cast a slur on Mr Spock's half breed human heritage which insulted the green blooded Vulcan's feelings.
Live Long and Prosper, Trekkies and Trekkers.