Wednesday, May 09, 2012

A to Z 'Trek' Reflections.

This years AtoZ challenge was perfect for TREKKING OUT and engaging with new blog buddies. My mission took me on a voyage of discovery to strange new blogs bursting with cosmic thinking, visuals filled with imagination, boldly taking me where no earthie has gone before!

What makes our AtoZ trek really special is the sum of our collective experiences, logic dictates we share the essence of our human pleasures and pains, so we can gain strength and from our human adventures. During the challenge I investigated unknown entities and similar blog minded spirits whom I've followed with interest by keeping my comments and trek posts short, punchy and stimulating!

Surprisingly however this wasn't the case everywhere. Some bloggers did get a little carried away. I get this because I've done it myself but I'm glad I read the AtoZ blog 'cos its helps cutting the readers some slack by not going overboard for every blog post! LOL!

Much to my delight Star Trek Sci Fi Blog has been contacted by enthusiastic trekkies emailing me with special requests, so you'll find new links leading to more Star Trekking friends below.


Trek long and Prosper!

Spacerguy.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you had such a good time! This was our first year with the A to Z Blog and it really helped. Some people did posts that were too long, but you know people will do what they want to do no matter what.

Tony Laplume said...

It was awesome reading your blog during the challenge. And beyond!

Karen Elizabeth Brown said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog during the challenge. You came up with some amazing posts!

My favorite Star Trek episode has got to be the Trouble with Tribbles.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Spacerguy, I did go overboard this year. I was too ambitious about my posts and it added a lot of stress. I'll be much simpler next year. Excellent points.

SpacerGuy said...

Alex I guess its easier to follow our hearts and share the dream than to be logical.

I've enjoyed your entertaining trek posts too, Tony. Theres no doubt about your Trekkie credentials, LOL. I'm looking forward to more of your wonderful trek insights.

Thanks Karen, I couldn't agree more. Trouble with Tribbles is a great way to chill out because they're so mesmerising.

Maurice don't change! Your investigative vulcan geekery is riveting! If I didn't know better I'd swear you've got points on your ears! LOL!

Civil War Horror (Sean McLachlan) said...

The Challenge was a blast. I feel a bit guilty not visiting every blog, but with so many (more than 1500!) I just couldn't. Found some good ones, though.

SpacerGuy said...

I know what you mean. Its great though when you find the special ones!

Featured Post

CAPTAIN PICARD TV SERIES

So analysis  has begun with Star Trek Picard's trailer... after a 17 year TNG hiatus some of trek's icons have returned. Here we ca...