Saturday, April 12, 2014

King Abdullah's 'Investigations'


K is for King Abdullah. Star Trek Voyagers 'Investigations' episode is quite the surprise. In 1996, a Jordanian Star Trek fan was but a mere Prince. He landed a non-speaking role in Star Trek Voyager as a Science Officer. When Moral Officer Neelix strikes up a conversation with Harry Kim, Science Officer Abdullah departs the scene rather quickly.

7 years later Jordan's avid Star Trek fan is a King! Apparently he was visiting the States as part of a military delegation and had to stopover in L.A. A friend offered to arrange for the prince to visit Voyagers' film set and try on a uniform.

'Then the next thing, when I actually showed up, they said that if you want, you can stand in. So it wasn't planned, it just turned out that way. I had a great time.'

How cool is this? Are you a fan of Star Trek Voyager? Do you wear costumes to Star trek conventions?

7 comments:

Bish Denham said...

If I ever had the opportunity to go to a Star Trek convention I'd wear a costume, I just don't know which one.

And yes, I enjoyed Star Trek Voyager.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool he got to be on the show. I'd jump at the chance. I liked Voyager even more after watching all the episodes again on NetFlix.

Lynda Dietz said...

That IS a really cool fact! I would love to have been an extra on any of the Star Trek shows.

Sue McPeak said...

What a neat experience and definitely something to tell one's kids about. A friend of mine is a HUGE Star Trek Fan and would love to have had that chance. Your Blog is really Trektastic!
Congrats on making it through Week #2. Thanks for your visit and comment on my AtoZ 'fiction from forgotten fotos'.
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

AJ Lauer said...

Oh man that's awesome! As a kid, I'd have died of happiness at the chance. Haven't spent much time with Star Trek as an adult though. Your blog is lovely :)

AJ @ Naturally Sweet
An A-Z Co-host blog
Tweet me! @ayjaylauer

Susan Kane said...

I did have a red shirt top, 100 percent polyester. I already had the pin from a Star Trek store in the mall. Good times.
Can't wear the shirt anymore.

Tony Laplume said...

Love Voyager. Royally!

Featured Post

CAPTAIN PICARD TV SERIES

So analysis  has begun with Star Trek Picard's trailer... after a 17 year TNG hiatus some of trek's icons have returned. Here we ca...