A sentient robot would be a really marvelous feat of engineering, wouldn't it? Imagine having your very own robotic slave to love! You could say goodbye to homework and hoovering around the house forever! Mowing the lawn too would become a thing of the past. Today's impressive robots have computer brains to analyse planets, assemble cars and hoover carpets. What kind of redeeming robotic qualities would you build into an A.I. if your starship crash landed on a deserted planet?
1. Would you build a kind, superior or mean robot? (I beg you to reconsider if you choose the mean machine! Lol!)
2. Would your robot be the friendly type and keep you company into the night?
3. Would your robot be able to learn, play and enjoy itself in its time off?
4. Would your robot be designed to emulate human feelings or have real ones?
5. Would your robot ever disobey your orders, or be completely fail safe with an on off switch?
6. Would your robot be specifically programmed to answer questions with an exhaustive computer memory salvaged from your starship?
7. Would your robot ever complain and say, 'Hey dude, Time Out!'? Hehe...
8. Could your robot ever re-program itself to become more human?
9. Would your robot obey the three laws of Robotics?
10. Would your robot have the strength of 10 men or one?
11. Would you construct a tough emotionless waterproof robot or build a friendly human A.I. that short circuits when it gets wet.
12. Is the kindness and warmth of your robots character more important than its pure intellect?
(You can choose a combination for your answers and add your own)
Dream long and prosper, trekinators.