Saturday, September 22, 2007

Spocks Emotional Outburst

 Image Owner/Creator:  Paramount Pictures and or CBS 
Here's some Star Trek (TOS) humour from the "Galileo Seven" episode thats funny. "Now Mr. Spock, there's really something about all this that I don't understand, so maybe you could explain it to me, logically of course... 

 Now, when you jettisoned the fuel, and ignited it, you knew that there was virtually no chance of it being seen and yet you did it anyway. Now that seems to me like an act of desperation." -- Kirk

 . "Quite correct, Captain." -- Spock "Now we all know, and I'm sure the doctor would agree with me, that desperation is a highly emotional state of mind. So how does your well known logic explain that?" -- Kirk 

 "Quite simply captain, I examined the problem from all angles, and it was plainly hopeless. Logic informed me that under the circumstances, the only logical action would have to be one of desperation. Logical decision, logically arrived at." -- Spock 

 "Ah-huh, I see... So you reasoned that it was time for an emotional outburst." -- Kirk 

 "Well I... Wouldn't exactly put it in those terms captain, but those are essentially the facts." -- Spock

 "You aren't going to admit that for the first time in your life, you committed a purely human, emotional act?" -- Kirk [crosses arms and slowly shakes head] 

 "No, sir." -- Spock [laughing] 

"Mr. Spock, you are a stubborn man." -- Kirk [raises eyebrows] 

"Yes, sir." -- Spock. 

 Of course we believe you, Mr Spock. 

 Live Long and Prosper Trekkers.

No comments:

Featured Post

CAPTAIN PICARD TV SERIES

So analysis  has begun with Star Trek Picard's trailer... after a 17 year TNG hiatus some of trek's icons have returned. Here we ca...